This make-ahead dessert is the ultimate party trick. With all the components of a banana split—jammy strawberry preserves, fresh bananas, rich ganache, and a buttery Waffle Cone Crust—packed into ready-made servings, you’ll be the magician of the kitchen with one swing of the freezer door.
Sheet Pan Banana Split
- 8 ounces (226 grams) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (240 grams) strawberry preserves, divided
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240 grams) cold heavy whipping cream
- 3 large bananas (575 grams), sliced
- 2 to 3 drops red liquid food coloring
- Waffle Cone Crust (recipe follows)
- Chocolate Ganache (recipe follows)
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (recipe follows)
- Garnish: chocolate shavings, banana slices, maraschino cherries, roasted peanuts, crumbled waffle cones, rainbow sprinkles
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese at medium-low speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add sugar, and beat at medium speed until smooth. Beat in ½ cup (160 grams) preserves and vanilla until combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Clean bowl of stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, beat cold cream at medium speed until thickened. Slowly increase mixer speed to medium-high, and beat until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Using a whisk, fold about one-third of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture by hand until combined. Fold in food coloring and remaining whipped cream until no streaks remain. Set aside.
- In bottom of Waffle Cone Crust, pour Chocolate Ganache. Freeze until set, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange a single layer of banana slices, cut side down, on top of ganache. Spoon cream cheese mixture over bananas, spreading with an offset spatula. Dollop remaining ¼ cup (80 grams) preserves, 1 teaspoon (7 grams) at a time, on top of cream cheese mixture. Using a wooden pick, gently swirl preserves into cream cheese mixture. Freeze until set, about 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Top with Sweetened Whipped Cream. Garnish with chocolate shavings, banana, cherries, peanuts, crumbled waffle cones, and sprinkles, if desired.
Waffle Cone Crust
- 3 cups (180 grams) crushed waffle cones (about 18 cones)
- ⅔ cup (150 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup (55 grams) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon (2.25 grams) kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 275°F (135°C). Line a 13×9-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake until set and fragrant, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- ⅔ cup (113 grams) chopped 60% cacao dark chocolate
- ½ cup (120 grams) heavy whipping cream
- In a medium heatproof bowl, place chocolate.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium-low heat just until bubbles form around edges of pan. (Do not boil.) Pour hot cream over chocolate; let stand for 30 seconds. Starting in center of bowl, slowly stir with a rubber spatula until well combined. Use immediately.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 1½ cups (360 grams) cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon (12 grams) granulated sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cold cream at medium speed. Gradually add sugar, beating until medium-stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes.