Reuben Egg Rolls will take your snack game to the next level with crispy cheesy goodness!
These are bite-sized versions of a classic Reuben Sandwich fully loaded with corned beef, cheese, sauerkraut, and a creamy dressing.
The Perfect Snack
We love new twists on old favorites and we cannot get enough of this one!
In addition to a pork filling, egg roll wrappers can be filled with anything from cheeseburger filling to cherry cheesecake. In this recipe, we wrap up the flavors from a Reuben sandwich and turn them into a crispy handheld snack.
Corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and a generous dose of Thousand Island Dressing. These can be fried (or air fried) until crispy and melty. Don’t forget to set out a bowl of dressing for dipping!
CORNED BEEF Leftovers from Corned Beef and Cabbage are great but of course corned beef from the deli works just as well (or swap it for pastrami).
SAUERKRAUT Be sure to squeeze the sauerkraut. No sauerkraut? No Problem. Sub in some coleslaw and some pickles!
SWISS CHEESE Some would argue that a Reuben is not a Reuben without Swiss cheese! If you don’t have any use whatever you do have (mozzarella has a nice mild flavor)!
THOUSAND ISLAND (OR RUSSIAN) DRESSING The dressing inside blends with the melted cheese for the perfect creamy bite and of course, every great snack needs a great dip!
EGG ROLL WRAPPERS Just wrap the ingredients in one of these crispy little wonders, and pop them in the air fryer, oven, or deep fry them on the stove. For tiny snacks, use wonton wrappers!
How to Make Reuben Egg Rolls
- Stack layers of corned beef and cut into strips.
- Divide corned beef, cheese, sauerkraut over the egg roll wrappers and dot the tops with dressing. Sprinkle with caraway seeds if desired.
- Wrap and seal per recipe below.
In the Air Fryer
- Spray each egg roll with pan release or brush them with oil.
- Place rolls in a single layer in the air fryer and cook according to recipe below.
- Serve hot with extra dressing for dipping.
To Deep Fry
The best oil for deep frying egg rolls is peanut oil.
- Pour 2 inches of oil into a saucepan and heat to 350° F.
- Deep fry egg rolls until they are crispy and brown, avoid overcrowding the pan so they cook evenly.
- Remove cooked egg rolls with a slotted spoon and place them on paper towels to dry.
- Place egg rolls on a baking sheet sprayed with pan release at 350° F for 8 minutes.
- Flip them over and bake until they are crispy a browned, another 5-7 minutes.
More Egg Rolls We Love
Reuben Egg Rolls
Crispy egg rolls filled with our favorite reuben insipred fillings.
Preheat oil to 375°F or air fryer to 380°F.
Stack corned beef and cut into strips.
Lay egg roll wrappers with a corner pointed toward you. Divide corned beef, swiss cheese, and sauerkraut over the wrappers. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of the dressing and sprinkle with caraway seeds if using.
Dip your finger in water and run it along the edges of the egg roll wrapper.
Fold the two sides in and tightly roll the egg roll. Seal the edges.
To Deep Fry
Fry egg rolls until preheated oil until lightly browned and crispy turning occasionally, about 4-5 minutes.
Serve with remaining dressing for dipping.
To Air Fry
Brush each egg roll with vegetable oil (or spray with cooking spray) and place in a single layer seam side down.
Cook 7 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until crispy. Serve with remaining dressing for dipping.
Nutrition information is for air fried egg rolls.
Serving: 1egg roll without dip, Calories: 162, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 21mg, Sodium: 433mg, Potassium: 96mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 178IU, Vitamin C: 5mg, Calcium: 154mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword air fryer egg rolls, baked egg rolls, reuben egg rolls