No Bake Mocha Mud Pie Dessert is Jamocha Almond Fudge Ice Cream combined with mud pie! Call it a chocolate delight, a lush dessert, or a chocolate lasagna; whatever it is it’s absolutely delicious. An Oreo cookie crust is topped with a mocha cheesecake and a chocolate pudding, all topped off with hot fudge and almonds for garnish. THIS is mocha heaven!
Why you’ll love Mocha Mud Pie Dessert
This dessert was born of my love of mocha, Jamocha Almond Fudge Ice Cream, and layered lush desserts. It’s a combination of all three!
You’ll love this recipe if you love:
- Oreos – It has an Oreo crust
- Coffee flavored no bake cheesecake
- Chocolate Pudding
- Cool Whip
- Hot Fudge
It’s a chocolate lasagna with a mocha flair – and you’re going to love it!
What’s in Mocha Mud Pie Dessert?
Oreos and Butter: That makes the crust! This dessert doesn’t have a compacted crust like a pie, it’s more crumbly.
Cream Cheese: Make sure it’s softened at room temperature to avoid lumps
Powdered Sugar: To sweeten the cream cheese
Coffee: I use instant coffee mixed with water so it’s stronger than just usually cooled coffee, but you can substitute cooled coffee if you prefer.
Chocolate Pudding and Milk: Just regular instant pudding plus the milk to make the pudding.
Cool Whip: For topping – you can substitute 3 cups freshly whipped cream.
Hot Fudge and Almonds: For garnish. This is optional but makes the dessert so pretty!
I had the idea to make a Mud Pie Dessert, with coffee in the cream cheese layer. I really had no idea a Mud Pie didn’t normally have coffee in it. It doesn’t. It’s just vanilla. I guess I ate at TGIFridays way too much as a kid, because to me, Mud Pie meant MOCHA.
How to make Mocha Mud Pie Dessert
1. Crust: Crush your Oreos in a large plastic bag by rolling with a rolling pin. They don’t need to be super fine. Then add your softened butter to the bag, seal it, and work it around with your hands to incorporate.
2. Make Cheesecake: Add the softened cream cheese to a large bowl with the powdered sugar and coffee and beat or whisk until smooth.
3. Press the crust into the prepared pan. An 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch pan is perfect for this.
4. Cheesecake Layer: Spread the coffee cheesecake layer all over the crust.
5. Spread some whipped topping on top the coffee layer.
6. Pudding: Whisk the pudding and let it soft set, then spread it over the whipped topping.
7. Top with remaining Cool Whip.
8. Garnish: Top the dessert with hot fudge – I like to warm it slightly to thin then add it to a ziploc bag and drizzle it over the top. Then sprinkle with almonds.
Tips for Mocha Mud Pie Lush
- Like my Lemon Dessert, this starts with Oreos as the crust. The crust isn’t a solid crust, like a graham cracker one. It’s mixed with softened butter and just kind of layered in to the pan.
- The first layer is a cream cheese layer that’s sweetened with powdered sugar and given body with Cool Whip.
- To make the “mocha” I added some super strong coffee to it. My directions use instant coffee granules, so be sure to pick some up at the store. I love having those little packets on hand for baking.
- Want to substitute cooled coffee? Go ahead!
- The chocolate layer is simple pudding. I really love the Jell-O chocolate fudge flavor over the chocolate one, but you can use your favorite.
- Want to use freshly whipped cream? Substitute 3 cups for the cool whip.
- This dessert does need some time to chill before serving, so plan accordingly. 4 hours is plenty of time, but it can also be made overnight.
Then I dare you to stop at one piece.
Don’t confuse Oreo mud with this dessert – Oreo mud is a chocolate pudding with crushed Oreos – often also called dirt cake or dirt pudding.
Traditional mud pie is round, made in a pie or springform pan, with Oreo crust, a sometimes baked fudgy brownie layer, and cream.
Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature for best results making cheesecakes!
Yes you can but the flavor of the mocha won’t be as strong. I like having Via packets or other instant coffee on hand for baking.
Other No Bake Desserts
Be sure to check out some other dessert lush recipes I love: Salted Caramel Oreo Icebox Cake by Inside BruCrew Life, No Bake Pineapple Lush Dessert by Belly Full, Strawberry Dream Dessert by Amanda’s Cookin’.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee or one single-serve packet
- 20 Oreos
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup (28g) powdered sugar
- 1 8 ounce container Cool Whip , divided (regular, light, or fat-free)
- 1 3.4-3.9 ounce box instant chocolate or chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping warmed
Mix the water and the instant coffee in a measuring cup and let it sit for a few minutes to dissolve.
Meanwhile, make the crust. Place the Oreos in a a gallon size ziploc bag and seal it almost all the way (you need to leave some room for the air to escape). Roll with a rolling pin until you get coarse crumbs. Place crumbs in a medium sized bowl and stir in softened butter.
Press the crust into a 9×9 baking dish. The crust won’t be solid, it will be more chunky and loose.
Place cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until smooth. Whisk in powdered sugar and coffee.
Stir in one cup of cool whip. Gently spread over the crust.
Wipe out one of the bowls you’ve already used (no need to wash). Add the pudding mix and milk and whisk until smooth. Once pudding has set up (just a minute or so), spread over cream cheese layer. Spread the remaining Cool
Whip over the top.
Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
Before serving, place warmed hot fudge ice cream topping in a sandwich sized ziploc bag. Cut off one tip and pipe criss-cross stripes on top of the Cool Whip. Sprinkle with almonds.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 258kcal
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
No Bake Mocha Mud Pie Dessert Recipe – this is an easy chocolate lasagna with coffee flavor and Oreo Crust! It’s the best lush dream dessert!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
Join for FREE to start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: July 20, 2021