If you love lemon, you’ll love these Lemon White Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies. Easy, fast, and super lemony delicious with just 4 ingredients and no mixer needed! These will be your favorite lemon cookies!
BEST Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
I love how easy cake mix cookies are! With just a few ingredients they always turn out and always taste amazing.
You will LOVE these cookies:
- 4 ingredients
- ONE BOWL – no mixer needed
- TONS of lemon flavor
- Use ANY brand lemon cake mix
- Lots of white chocolate chips!
- They freeze so well so they’re perfect for making ahead.
Grab a box of cake mix and let’s get started baking cookies!
Just 4 Ingredients
- Lemon Cake Mix: You can use any brand. The most common lemon cake mix brands are Duncan Hines and Betty Crocker.
- Unsalted Butter: You just need one stick (½ cup).
- Eggs: Be sure to use large eggs.
- White Chocolate Chips: Use your favorite brand.
Tips for making Lemon White Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- I always start with melted butter because then I don’t need a mixer.
- Butter tastes so much better in cake mix cookies than oil!
- Because of the melted butter and the 2 eggs, these cookies need to be chilled. No exceptions!
- Even chilled, different brands will end up looking different. Duncan Hines cookies will be flatter than Betty Crocker ones, even if they are chilled the same amount of time.
How to make Lemon White Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
1. Mix: All you need is one bowl. Add the cake mix, melted butter and eggs to a large bowl and stir until smooth and thick. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
2. Scoop and Chill: Scoop 2-tablespoon sized balls of dough onto your cookie sheets. No need to space; we’re chilling them. Chill at least 30 minutes.
3. Bake: Bake the cookies 3-inches apart on cookie sheets until they just lose their glossy sheen.
These need to be chilled to stay puffy. Cake Mix Cookies flatten if they aren’t chilled properly, or depending on the brand. Duncan Hines flatten more than Betty Crocker.
Yes you can’t skip the chilling.
You can use softened butter in place of the melted, or use vegetable oil. They still need to be chilled.
Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. You can also freeze for up to 3 months.
Other Cake Mix Cookies
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter melted
- 1 15.25 ounce box lemon cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups (255g) white chocolate chips
Place butter, cake mix, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir or mix until combined and no lumps remain. Stir in white chocolate chips.
Scoop 2-tablespoon balls of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment or silicone baking mats. No need to space them; we are chilling the dough. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment or silicone baking mat.Space cookies 2-inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until they just lose their glossy sheen. These cookies stay puffy and will settle a bit as they cool but don’t become flat. Immediately after removing from the oven press a few more white chocolate chips on top for decoration. Cool at least 10 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
- Use any brand or flavor cake mix that is approximately 15-16 ounces in size.
- Youcan do this same recipe using sugar-free cake mix as long as it’s around the same size box.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 173mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 141IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Using a cake mix to make cookies is a hidden tip of mine – these Lemon White Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are easy, fast and full of lemon flavor!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
Join for FREE to start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: July 18, 2021