Did you know you can make Homemade Peanut Butter Cups? Coconut oil and honey create a healthier version of your favorite peanut butter and chocolate combination. The best part, there is no oven time needed! This no-bake dessert is perfect for summer time chocolate cravings.
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup (224 grams) unrefined coconut oil
- ½ cup (170 grams) honey
- 1 cup (85 grams) Dutch process cocoa
- ½ cup (128 grams) peanut butter* 1 tablespoon (14 grams) water
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt coconut oil on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Whisk in honey until incorporated; whisk in cocoa. Pour 1 tablespoon mixture into each prepared muffin cup. Refrigerate until hardened, 5 to 10 minutes. Reserve remaining chocolate mixture.
- Place peanut butter in a plastic piping bag, and cut off tip. Pipe peanut butter in center of each cup, leaving a border around cup. Place 1 tablespoon (14 grams) water in a small bowl. Dip your fingertip in water, and press peanut butter flat and even.
- Whisk remaining chocolate mixture; pour 1 tablespoon mixture into each cup. Refrigerate until hardened, 5 to 10 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Whisk the chocolate mixture well to avoid having the chocolate “bloom” once set and hardened. Due to the low melting point of coconut oil, serve cold to prevent cups from getting too soft.