This Spinach Dip Recipe is a go-to easy appetizer or party dip that absolutely everyone loves!
A creamy base is mixed with frozen spinach, water chestnuts, and green onions for the perfect party mixture. Serve this spinach dip cold with chips, crackers, or garlic crostini, or use a loaf (or small rolls) as a bowl!
A Quick Dip Recipe
- This is a version of the Knorr spinach dip which is famous for good reason.
- As much as I love a good hot Spinach Artichoke Dip, this cold spinach dip is easy to make ahead (no heating is required).
- It is so fast to make; simply stir and refrigerate.
- This recipe is versatile, add artichokes, jalapenos, or even diced red peppers.
- Creamy Base: I start with mayonnaise (low fat is fine too) and sour cream. Swap out the sour cream with Greek yogurt to lighten it up a bit.
- Spinach: This recipe uses frozen chopped spinach but you can replace frozen spinach with fresh spinach. Simply cook it down and squeeze it dry.
- Add-Ins: Water chestnuts add great crunch and texture to this spinach dip. If you don’t have them on hand, you can substitute diced celery or even bell peppers.
- Seasoning: The quintessential seasoning for this dip is Knorr Vegetable Soup mix (Lipton makes one as well).
No Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix? No Problem!
Substitute with onion soup mix, ranch seasoning mix, or even a tablespoon or so of bouillon with your favorite herbs. Add a little bit of finely diced red bell pepper and a bit of shredded carrot.
What to Serve with Spinach Dip
This is not a baked spinach dip, it’s served cold and often in a “bread bowl” which is so good!
Simply select a loaf of crusty bread, hollow out the middle (save the bread in the middle), and fill it with the spinach dip before serving. Any of the bread that was in the middle can be cubed for dipping (and of course as the dip is low, the bowl itself is perfect for tearing off pieces and dipping too)!
For a party, use small dinner rolls and hollow them out for individual spinach dip bowls. This is also great served with crackers, tortilla chips, bread, or veggies as dippers too!
More Creamy Dips You’ll Love
Did you make this Spinach Dip? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Spinach Dip Recipe
A simple creamy spinach dip recipe, perfect for any party!
Defrost spinach overnight in the fridge or in the microwave. Squeeze dry.
Chop water chestnuts and combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours prior to serving
Serve with bread, crackers or vegetables for dipping.
Calories: 174, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 412mg, Potassium: 153mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 2290IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 62mg, Iron: 0.6mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best spinach dip, how to make spinach dip, spinach dip, spinach dip recipe
Course Appetizer, Dip, Party Food